Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Growing Up

There was a common theme among Repuglicans and an unfortunate number of MSM talking heads eight years ago that the "grown-ups" were taking charge. Cheney, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft - these were the guys that had been there before and were supposed to know how things worked (I'm not sure what the hell it was that they were supposed to be fixing). We see how that went.

I've noticed a number of commenters today (PC among them) that have noticed that this time around, WE get to be the grown-ups. We're actually being treated like adults - talked to instead of talked down to, told the truth (good and bad) instead of what someone thinks we ought to hear, and given some responsibility for getting us out of the mess, instead of being told that the extent of our patriotic duty is to shop more and sport yellow ribbons on our SUVs. It certainly doesn't hurt from my perspective to have a 'tweener like me in the White House, but I don't know if this is a generational thing or a personal thing. All I know is that I'm liking it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Anonymous PC said...

Great minds think alike, TP...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home