Thursday, December 14, 2006

Half-Life Radio - the Christmas Edition

I just posted the second Half-Life Radio 'cast here - the Carolina Christmas edition. The songlist will be posted in the comments of this post. In case you missed last week's initial blogcast, it's still out there too (follow the same link as above). As always, your input and comments are most appreciated! I'm still working on the dynamics using Audacity and hopefully this one won't go from inaudible to ear-splitting quite so much.

If you're in the mood for Christmas music, the dB's and Friends Christmas Time CD from a dozen or so years ago has been re-released as Christmas Time Again, with a couple of tunes dropped and some more added. In addition to various Holsapple and Stamey configurations, there's Big Star, Don Dixon, Whiskeytown and more. I missed it first time around but since the folks at Schoolkids were kind enough to order this one for me, I'm waiting on them rather than ordering from Amazon.

mapgirl was kind enough to email me and let me know that the dB's are going to be at the Cradle in February - it's been announced on the dBs website but hasn't shown up on the Cat's Cradle schedule yet. Go say hey to mg as it sounds like she's planning to take a break from blogging for awhile. Boo!

Also coming up at the Cradle are Southern Culture and Dex and Sarah Romweber this Saturday, the Brown Mountain Lights with Hege V (Viva Nashvegas!) in January and the ever-popular Neil Diamond All-Stars in February. It's been a musical holiday season already, as we went to Memorial Hall for the NC Symphony Pops concert last Friday and were back the next night for the NC Jazz Repertory Orchestra's Christmas concert. We've got SCOTS Saturday (and maybe Two Dollar Pistols at the Cave Friday) and ex-Red Clay Rambler Jim Watson's annual Christmas sing-along is at the Cave next Thursday. Silver Bells indeed!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 5:58 AM, Blogger Tony Plutonium said...

Half-Life Radio Episode 2 (The Christmas Show)
1. Carolina Christmas - Squirrel Nut Zippers
2. Christmas Time - The Chris Stamey Group
3. Merry Christmas Baby - Southern Culture on the Skids
4. Santa Had a Wreck - Terry Anderson and his Olympic Ass-Kicking Team
5. Home for the Holidays - the dB's
6. Blue Christmas - The Accelerators
7. Good King Wenceslas/You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - Mojo Nixon and the Toadliquors

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger tmay245 said...

Souther Culture on the Skids, funny. I heard you say that but didn't realize who your were talking about until I listened to the first few bars of Camel Walk. ANOTHER TBONE SHHHORT STORY: I was playing pool at a dive in Calgary, oh 10 years ago, when a tune came over that fancy satellite radio system -Voodoo Cadillac - and I bet $100 bucks to the guy I was playing that he couldn't tell me the name of the band. My jaw dropped when he didn't hesitate and blurted out Southern Culture on the Skids.. Come on, IT'S CANADA. I only heard of these guys when I was state side. I guess it was only a $100 Canadian, like $55 US at the time.

Oh yeah, Merry Christmas to you and the Missus.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Tony Plutonium said...

Hey, TM! Merry Christmas to you and yours! SCOTS has been around since 1985 or so but for some reason I'd never actually seen them live until a couple of years ago - they put on a hell of a show. Really looking forward to the show tonight with Dexter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home