Friday, December 08, 2006

Half-Life Radio

My first half-hour, half-life blogcast of NC local music is up here. Sure, it's pretty amateur-ish - I'm a bleeding amateur, so what do you expect? It's not really a blogcast so much as a 30MB .mp3, with about half an hour of commentary and music (you'll be pleased to note mostly music). I'm planning to post a new one every week or so for the next few, unless it appears that no one is listening, in which case I'll stop. If you have comments, complaints, technical issues, suggestions for future 'casts or particular songs/artists you want to hear or if you have recordings that you think I might be interested in, you can use the comments sections of this post or you can email me at half-lifeblog at earthlink dot net.

Hope you enjoy it!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, some oldies but goodies. I hadn't heard the Ramblers' take on "Hard Times" before, but it was also a treat to hear familiar tunes from Dixon and SCOTS ("Don't go 'round hungry!") on the 'puter. Thanks!

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Cindy Lee said...

You did a good job. I would like to see a play list.

Thanks,

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Tony Plutonium said...

Glad you guys are enjoying! I purposely didn't put the playlist on the website to keep this below the radar, but since comments are notoriously hard to search, it's probably okay to do it here.

1. The Fabulous Knobs - Next Big Thing
2. The Corsayers - Money
3. The Connells - Darker Days
4. Whiskeytown - Too Drunk to Dream
5. Don Dixon - Praying Mantis
6. Southern Culture on the Skids - Camel Walk
7. The Red Clay Ramblers - Hard Times
8. Flat Duo Jets - Sharks Flyin' In

The Christmas 'cast should be up on Friday.

 
At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Turns out this is a good mix which stands on its own. Some brought back a few memories, music I heard in clubs and didn't know their source.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Tony Plutonium said...

Glad you enjoyed, DG! The Christmas mix is up and I figure I've got another few weeks' worth of stuff to post. We seeing you Monday for "Eragon"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home