Thursday, December 21, 2006

Worst. Dragon Movie. Ever.

Under no circumstances should you go see 'Eragon'. Trust me on this. Drop $9 into the nearest Salvation Army bucket instead and save yourself the pain. Hell, roll down your window and throw the money out into the road - it'll still be better-spent. No amount of alcohol consumption beforehand can overcome dialogue that makes George Lucas' writing sound like David Mamet, much less the wretched direction, worse editing and absolutely painful soundtrack. Okay, the dragon CGI is actually pretty good but that is truly the only thing about it that doesn't bite and bite hard. We're talking Mission to Mars bad, and that movie is our low-water mark for large-ish budget disasters. Friend gik is a fan of the books and was very displeased at the liberties and shortcuts they took in making the movie. I never read the books but I have a pulse and a braincell or two left and I was insulted.

In no way should any of the above take anything away from the completely enjoyable time that JennySlash and I having dinner out with Bill, gik and David B. Good food, good beer and excellent company - thanks to David for putting it together! And the movie was bad enough to be enjoyable for us to shred on the way out.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is the link to Extra Life radio podcast which talks about Eragon about midway:

http://myextralife.com/?cat=2

I think the screen writers concentrated on all of the wrong things. The things they did concentrate on, they did horribly wrong.

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, wish I had chosen a better movie. Geesh, it was BAAAD! I am not sure I can say worst 'ever'. I hated the movie Dragonheart. It amazed me as to the similarity to plot of Star Wars though. I half expect in the next one, that the princess turns out to be Eragon's sister.

Definately good food - that seafood place in on my, 'places to eat' in that area now. Good beer, and as always excellent company!

When Ghost Rider comes out, we shall have to do it again.

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger mapgirl said...

Thanks for sparing me ... my mom is visiting next week and says she wants to see it ... we will rent something else instead. Thanks!

m.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Tony Plutonium said...

I love the last line in the Film Threat review -

“Eragon” is laughably bad, mind-bogglingly derivative, and easily one of the worst movies of the year. Do your kids a favor and flick cigarettes in their face for 100 minutes instead. They’ll thank you later.

Glad I could help! :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home