Sunday, July 15, 2007

Good Stuff

First of all, the White Stripes new CD "Icky Thump". Go buy it. Now. I'll wait.

Hmm-hm-hm.

La-la-la-laaaa.

/* toe tapping */

Got it?

Man, isn't that great! From the Nudie suits on the cover and the Led Zeppelin stomp of the title cut through the whole damn disk, there's not a weak cut on the whole dang thing. Frickin' awesome. And if you didn't think of Graham Chapman saying "Eeee! Ecky thump!" into a microphone when you saw that title, you clearly ain't hanging around the same people I am...

Second, "Psych" is back on the air with a new season. The funniest show on television that doesn't have either Jason Lee or Steve Carell as the lead. The opening ep with Tim Curry and Gina Gershon was one of the funniest things I've ever seen - who knew Gina Gershon could do comedy?

While we're talking about the USA Network, my favorite really new thing is "Burn Notice". Jeffrey Donovan is pretty good but the supporting characters (Bruce "Ash" Campbell, Sharon Gless and
Gabrielle Anwar) are what make the show. Check it out! Oh, and Bruce frickin' Campbell!!

Finally, we saw the latest Harry Potter movie last night and it's good! It's not Alfonso Cuaron Azkaban good, but it's good! It's nice to see the kids actually learning to act and Imelda Staunton's interpretation of Umbridge is spot on. I have my quibbles with it but overall it was a very good addition to the series - we'll need to see it again before it's gone.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw it yesterday wtih Hooper (don't ask). It was pretty good, although it would have been better if he had refrained from asking so many questions to which the answer generally was, "If you watch another 15 seconds, you'll find out."

Book 5 was the most corpulent of the bunch, and I'd really been concerned about how much they'd have to cut to make it work.

Oh, and tell me the chick who plays Luna Lovegood isn't a young Deborah Harry.

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger pain said...

Soooo agree, Icky Thump rocks. But they's not Nudie suits Jack n' Meg are wearing on the cover, they are Pearly King and Queen outfits, cockney lunacy if I am not wrong.

misterjohnpain@gmail.com

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger Tony Plutonium said...

Lex - I understand the Luna actress decided when she read the first book that introduced Luna that she was born to play that part. I wouldn't argue with her.

John - thanks for the correction! Thought Meg's hat didn't look all that Nudie-ish, but since Jack's living in Nashville I assumed.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, Icky Thump rocks!

I'm speed reading Half-Blood Prince now that Deathly Hallows is on the release. I'm also turning off the Internet and avoiding TV until I've got all the details on my own.

That bit about Luna, how perfect a casting!

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Bruce Campbell?!?

::runs off to see if it's online somewhere::

 

Post a Comment

<< Home