Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Champagne

I've had a champagne split cooling in the refrigerator for years, waiting for Karl Rove to do some hard time. Having killed a bottle of Korbel while celebrating the victory of President-elect Barack Obama. I decided I really needed more (and shifting to beer seemed like a really bad idea) so I decided that this as much as anything spells the death of Karl Rove and his methods. Watching the crowds closing down Franklin Street in Chapel Hill and Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, DC, I'm a little sorry we're at home and not at Grant Park or DC or downtown Chapel Hill, but I popped the cork on my little Rovian split and I'm toasting the "death" of Karl Rove and his politics.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Special K said...

Wishing death to a man doesn't reflect well on you. Folks from UNC should have more class. Stick with death to his politics.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Tony Plutonium said...

Career death, SK - I should think that was kind of obvious. I was holding out for him to spend some time behind bars, but I'll settle for knowing that his politics of hate are over.

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better, TP, one of my Halloween costumes included slicking my hair back, wearing a pinstripe navy suit, and carrying a scythe.

Yes, I was the Death of the Republican Majority.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home