Friday, October 07, 2005

It's Millah Time!

I'm going to sneak out a little early today and beat tracks for the mountains, to celebrate my 45th birthday and my nephew's 18th. There's a hell of a lot of stuff going on this weekend - there always seems to be this time of year. I particularly hate missing the ConvergeSouth blogger happening in Greensboro taking place throughout the weekend. The Rolling Stones concert at Wallace Wade Stadium and the Shakori Hills GrassRoots Festival in Silk Hope are of interest as well, although it looks like both of them will be quite soggy (yes, thank heavens we're finally starting to get some rain!). I also need to go see Serenity again before it's too late, but we'll have to schedule that for next week.

So whatever your interests, have a great weekend! If you're a Fed employee or a Canadian, then have a great LONG weekend! Catch you on the flip side...

4 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't "Silk Hope" just the best town name in the world? (Well, almost as good as "Lizard Lick," anyway.)

Have a fabbo time, and happy birthday. And don't listen to Lex, you're still Truly Scrumptious. (Ouch, now I have that song in my head...)

 
At 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, THANKS, hon...

Hippo birdy two ewes, TP!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger jw said...

Happy birthday.

YOU MISSED IT, SUCKA!!!

We had a great time. AND we didn't even miss you!

Yes we did.

NEXT year, and even if it's your birthday again, you'll come, and I'll bake you a cake.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Tony Plutonium said...

Lex: Thanks, mate! Remember, no matter how old I am, I'll always be younger than you.

Spuffy: Thanks, kiddo! You're pretty yummy too! And Silk Hope is right up there with Soddy Daisy (it's in Tennessee) for town names.

PC: Thanks, man! And I actually had to look up the song (haven't seen Chitty Chitty Bang Bang since, well, 1968 most likely) and yeah, I would not want to have that little ditty stuck in me head.

JW: Thanks, hon! And after sitting on I-40 behind the 50 car pileup for 4 hours before turning around and coming home, I was sorely tempted to Converge. Definitely next year. (We did eventually make our way to the high country Sat.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home