Friday, December 02, 2005

Tonight's Feature will be...

Gumball Rally! Quick, if you read this soon after I post, it's not too late! I first saw this movie when I spent a drunken weekend with Lex at Davidson when we were undergrads (it's interesting how many things I can point to as having happened during a drunken weekend with Lex) and it blew me away. Many, many times funnier than the later Cannonball Rally. And it gave me one of the movie quotes that I use most often, from Raul Julia as Franco Bertollini as he rips the rear view mirror off and throws it out the window: "What's-a behind me is-a not important!" Catch it on, of all things, the Speed Channel on digital cable tonight at 8pm EST.

The thing that would make the evening complete would be an un-censored showing of
Used Cars, but alas, I can't find it anywhere.

2 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll be envious to know that, thanks to the quick eyes of my beloved, and the fact that I had mentioned my fondness for the movie on a number of occasions, we now own a copy of The Gumball Rally on VHS. And the kids love it.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Tony Plutonium said...

And envious I am!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home