Sunday, February 26, 2006

Laptop

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I was shopping for a laptop. I did in fact order the Acer Travelmate from Buy.com, which arrived just a couple of days later. It is as awesome as I'd hoped. Naturally the first thing I did when I powered it up was load up the latest version of OpenCD and install Firefox, Thunderbird, OpenOffice, Gimp, GAIM and a few other goodies. I'm still doing those things that personalize a system - really make it yours. Haven't tried any gaming on it yet, but from what I've been able to tell so far it should be fine for less intensive games like Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf. The only downsides so far are that it's hugeness means I need to buy a new briefcase and it gets hot. Really, really hot. Much hotter than the old Dell Latitude C610 I have for work. I can deal with both of those things and every thing else is just wonderful. I'm getting pretty close to being off the desktop altogether and giving it over to JennySlash. Very cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home