Friday, October 05, 2007

Back in the Hospital

Apparently my job changes cause some kind of weird stress for Dad. Last year by the time I'd been in Chicago for a week and a half, he was in the hospital with a host of problems. Now today I got a call from Mom at the end of my first week on the new job that he's back in the hospital in Asheville with kidney problems. He's in ER waiting for a room (NOT in ICU) while they try to get his potassium levels down, his blood pressure up and his elimination plumbing working again. We'll be heading up there tomorrow (instead of the planned trip to Charlotte's SouthPark Mall to shop for new work clothes followed by Sunday brunch at Lava Bistro with my sister to celebrate my 47th).

He doesn't seem to be in imminent danger but I'm worried that he may end up on dialysis - he's CERTAINLY not a candidate for any kind of transplant. On the other hand, he's been feeling pretty good and his leg finally healed up (after almost 2 years) so who knows - this may not amount to a big deal in the long run.

While neither Dad nor I put much faith in the existence of a higher power that's actually paying attention to what's going on here on Earth, we're both more than accepting of any positive thoughts you care to throw his way, whether in the form of prayers, positive energy or whatever else you might be able to spare.

Soundtrack for this evening: Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Pink Floyd)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keeping you and Papa Plutonium in our thoughts and prayers. And this time, by God, I'm early: Happy Birthday!

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy thoughts coming to you and your dad, TP. Have a good visit (both) and a good birthday (you) and a quick recovery (him).

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger jw said...

I'm with you on the "higher power" but just in case I'm holding you all in the Light.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home