Sunday, November 02, 2008

Barack the Vote Chapel Hill - Post 1

Mac McCaughan of Merge Records and Superchunk organized an outdoor concert at Graham Memorial on UNC's campus Saturday as a get-out-the-vote effort. I'm not going to write a lot about the individual performers as I'm just glad they were there and willing to give their time on a Saturday morning to encourage the vote and I kinda suck as a rock critic anyway. What I will say is that there was some very fine music, a large crowd and a realization on my part that it's gotten easier to get up in time to see bands at 9 am than it is to stay up and see them at 1am...

Graham Memorial terrace - the venue. The Morehead Planetarium is just to the left - it was the last early voting location for Chapel Hill

The reason for it all

Doughnuts - the breakfast of ex-champions! Thanks to Counter Culture for the fine coffee and the doughnuts

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home