Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Securing the Homeland



I thought my suggestion of Michael Jordan as Secretary of Defense was pretty bold, but I really admire the daring of appointing Concrete Blonde lead singer Johnette Napolitano as the Director of Homeland Security. Her raspy growl should be enough to intimidate just about anyone, including terrorists, and as long as she brings Jim Mankey along, his incisive guitar leads will add a fine counterpoint. Certainly I will feel a hell of a lot safer at night knowing that Johnette is in charge of our safety from the bad guys! Much moreso than the current guy - I don't even know what band he played in!

Photo by Cunning Stunt

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, when she says "God Is a Bullet," terrorists know she MEANS it.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Lex Alexander said...

I still remember the night that my Gazette comrades and I rewrote "Still in Hollywood" as "Still in Gastonia." What I don't remember is what happened to what we wrote down. And that's a damn shame, because even though we were behind an awful lot of Stroh's Signature that night, I'm still pretty sure it was funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home