Sunday, January 18, 2009

Success!

So while I might be trying to balance sleep and diet and exercise, I can at least claim success with one of my goals - I did stick to my training schedule last week!! I managed to get in 4 runs and 3 weight-lifting sessions - we won't worry too much about how FAR or how FAST I ran, nor how much weight I lifted. The key is that I made the schedule work. The next hurdle (and it should be a fairly short one) is to do 12 miles a week and average less than 9:20 per mile. Given that 4 years ago (pre-Chicago) I was running 15-16 miles per week and averaging less than 9:00 per mile, that's shouldn't be a stretch goal, but sadly...

But hey, no negativity - I'm pretty happy with the progress so far!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really admire your discipline!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home