Monday, June 27, 2005

It's Official

The previous post was sort of the soft opening of the new Half-Life and Times just to get the format right. I'm declaring this one official since I've now got a redirect from the old address and my RSS feed has the new address as well. Somehow Mr. The Blogging Poet found me prior to the redirect - good sleuthing, Billy! Please ignore the old posts left over from the last time I used Blogger - rather than delete them I'll just try to post enough to age them off.

Natcherly, my first real post at the new place is gonna be about music - specifically the throwback, old-school, "is he still alive?!?!" dates at the Cradle in the next few weeks. Saturday night was DaveAid - I have no idea who the hell Dave is or why he needs aid, but it didn't really matter with the Chrome Plated Apostles (with Cliff Mann and Hunter "Crash" Landen from the Bad Checks), Terry Anderson's Olympic Ass-Kicking Team (with Jack Cornell and Terry Knob from the Fabulous Knobs and the Woods), Snatches of Pink, Southern Culture on the Skids and the Meeks with Stu Cole from the Squirrel Nut Zippers and with former member(s) of Blind Melon. All of those kiddies except the Meeks played the Alley back in our day many moons ago... Jeebus, that's about seventy-three thousand, four hundred and fifty-six club dates between those guys over the last twenty to twenty-five years. More about the show later...

Then you've got old-schoolers Superchunk opening for Dinosaur Jr. on July 10th and headlining July 29, non-local Teenage Fanclub July 18, Arrogance celebrating the 25th anniversary of the release of Suddenly! on July 23 (they're so old even I think they're fogeys!) and last but certainly not least Deb DeMilo on September 2 with folks from Arrogance, Glass Moon and Nantucket backing her up. I will be purchasing my Deb DeMilo tickets very soon - she and the Fabulous Knobs rocked my punk-ass world from the time I was 19 and were the main reason I started hanging out in clubs (getting pulled onstage at the Pier to dance with Deb during "Teenage Boogie" was one of the highlights of my college years).

So put on yer black sleeveless t-shirt and Chuck Taylors and get yer ass over to the Cradle with me this summer!

3 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger jw said...

I LIKE the new look. It's very cool and hip. I really think so, so you may want to change it.

The only thing musical on my slate this summer is Bela Fleck at my workplace. That's going to be good.

As far as Billy finding you, he's kind of like Santa Clause that way. Or God. He knows ev-er-y-thing!

 
At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just look at all the fun Tony's having while I have to study!!

Poor me. (pouts)

 
At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops! wrong address for me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home