Monday, August 01, 2005

Time Flies When You're Having Rum


Just got back from a long weekend at the Outer Banks (Manteo, to be precise) which explains the lack of blogging. Drove out Friday and just got back a couple of hours ago. Despite the threat (and many times reality) of rain, we managed to get the kayak out yesterday for a couple of hours and to get out onto the beach a bit on Saturday. Naturally we ate way too much good food, primarily at Full Moon Cafe in Manteo and Chilli Peppers in Kitty Hawk. I only took the digital out, deciding it was too short a weekend to really try to do any work. But I did take a few shots Saturday and then today before we left. The one above was quite funny - the sailboat regatta in Shallowbag Bay on one of the only days I can remember out there when there was absolutely no wind (look at how glassy the water is!). Most of the kids were just lying back in the boat drifting, which is not a bad way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

Speaking of hella ways to spend a Saturday afternoon, back in Manteo on August 13th, there's a Disaster Relief Fund benefit concert in the ampitheater in Festival Park with Joan Jett and the Blackhearts and the Smithereens!! JennySlash isn't interested and I'm not sure it'd be much fun to go back out for it by myself, but if any of you cats or kittens are interested in splitting a trip out to OBX to hear Joan belt out "Bad Reputation" and the wall of guitars that is the Smithereens, give me a jingle and let me know. I'll be happy to do the driving!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home