Sunday, December 25, 2005

"You're All Worthless and Weak!"

"Now drop and give me twenty!"

Okay, Niedermeyer might have been a little harsh, but I am start to wonder about my relations. JS is sick, Mom is sick, Dad is sick, my sister is sick, my nephew is sick and found out today that my mother-in-law is sick. My brother-in-law and I are the only healthy ones in the bunch! In some ways it might be better that it has hit everybody at once - we've pretty much just decided to postpone family Christmas until, oh, sometime around Chinese New Year. Seriously. It would be worse (at least for the person in question) if only one or two people were sick - then they'd really feel like they were missing out.

I'm actually enjoying just getting some rest and chilling. JS and I exchanged presents this morning, er, I guess it was actually afternoon after I fixed a scrumptious brunch of scrambled eggs, soysage and whomp biscuits. Now the Tofurkey is in the oven and I've got to get downstairs and whip up some mashed Yukon Golds and steam some brocolli. The tofurkey thing might sound a little silly to you carnivores but while we veggies don't always have to have meat substitutes, you really do need something to make leftover sandwiches out of during the holidays. The tofurkey fits the bill nicely!

I'm a little curious about the TV programming today. I can understand Spike programming all Bond movies for a couple of days except they did the same damn thing a month ago during Thanksgiving. How many times do I really need to see that horrible one with Christopher Walken and Grace Jones? Encore on the other hand is going for Christmas, Bloody Christmas with a Quentin Tarantino marathon (Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, and Kill Bill 1 and 2) and SciFi is doing an all that slithers programming day with Boa, Python, Boa vs. Python, Pythons 2, King Cobra, Project Viper and many, many more! I think after dinner I'll throw in the Emmit Otter's Jug Band Christmas DVD instead. :-)

Merry Christmas, y'all! Peace out.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home