Monday, July 17, 2006

Things I Think About While Running - Holy Crap Edition

"Holy crap I'm out of shape!"
"Damn my knee hurts!"
"Holy crap I'm out of shape!"
"Damn my knee hurts!"
"Holy crap I'm... hey, the live version of Homicide on Urgh! A Music War is much better than this studio version!"
"Damn my knee hurts!"

My previous work assignment, which is ending in the next couple of weeks, has resulted in me really losing my stamina as well as packing on an additional 6-7 pounds. While I don't expect the workload to decrease as I move into my new assignment, I have to do something to get my lungs and legs back. J has been a member of the UNC Wellness Center out at Meadowmont and since this new gig is going to include me going back to commuting to the office, making it difficult to run before work, we're probably going to make that a family membership so that I can stop on the way home to run or lift.

I don't expect my posting frequency to be all that high for awhile but I'm psyched about cranking this sucker back up!

3 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger jw said...

Welcome back.

Don't take your getting back into a fitness routine so seriously that you go running in this stuff. It is brutal outside.

I wonder why heat saps you so much, even if you're in air conditioning all day. All I want to do is nap all day!

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger tmay245 said...

Welcome back.

toe knee say, stretch, you old geezer. oops, mr. geezer. i do this leg x-over to stretch out the ol' glute. sit with one leg bent under the other, like a figure 4, then take the top leg foot thingy and put it over to the ground of the quad section of the 4 leg. rotate opposite to the top leg, use the arm for leverage, look for a good arse strech. Those itees get real tight from the glute and pull on that knee thing. You do that a few times, no more knee owies. oh yeah, do both sides.

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Tony Plutonium said...

jw - I've missed you guys! While I've tried to at least read even if I wasn't writing, I've not been nearly as good as I should be.

tony2 - geezer huh? I know I ain't that much older than you, although I probably feel like it right now. But thanks for the advice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home