Friday, August 25, 2006

Relief

The entire three weeks I've been on the new job have been focused on putting together a proposal on combining a whole bunch of site-specific work into a comprehensive, cohesive service. This is right up my alley (one of the reasons that I have stated a number of times that if I had written a job description for myself, this would probably have been it). It has been nerve-wracking and incredibly time-consuming but probably a great way to get introduced to the whole contract and now it's DONE!!!! Kinda. It's complete at least and has been sent to our great overlords at corporate to be blessed before being sent to the customer, but at least there's not a DAMN THING I CAN DO with it this weekend. So maybe I'll finally get more than 5 hours of sleep in a night for the first time in August.

4 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Blogger Cindy Lee said...

Hope you made it to the Banks and hope you had a good time

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Tony Plutonium said...

We did and we did! I hope you had a nice quiet weekend given that you had to work (and given WHERE you were working!). I was quite surprised at how uncrowded everything seemed - I don't know if that was people scared off from the storm (or busy bailing their Norfolk house out) or if that's normal for Labor Day weekend.

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Special K said...

Congrats. When your job doesn't suck, life can be grand.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Cindy Lee said...

Labor Day is iffy. We almost always get a storm around that time but it does kick off one of my favorite times of year; fall on the Outer Banks is great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home