Wednesday, September 06, 2006

When Life is Like a Music Video

Drove up to DC for a meeting through the pre-Ernesto rain last Wednesday, leaving around 6:30 am in the rental car. As the RTP radio stations started to fade out and the Richmond stations were not yet in range, I slipped in the latest rental car travel mix CD that I'd punched up the night before. Just as I hit the I-85 bridge to cross over Lake Gaston, Chuck Leavell slipped into the greatest piano solo in rock-and-roll history on the Allman Brothers' Jessica and the early morning sun broke through the clouds to my right. Chuck traded licks with Dickey Betts, the sun sparkled off the lake waters and I kept looking around for the camera car that was undoubtedly filming this for the music video of my life.

Sweet.

1 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there's a rule somewhere that it technically ain't a road mix w/o some Allman Bros.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home