Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Number 1 Seed as the Underdog?

I'm not complaining that virtually every talking head on Selection Sunday and most of the pundits since then have picked Georgetown to win the East Regional. There seems to be a general feeling that UNC won't get past Kevin Durant (whether or not the rest of the Longhorns show up) and if somehow Rick Barnes' lack of coaching skills somehow overcomes Durant's talent and UNC wins, they'll fall to the hot Hoyas.

Bring it on, guys! The more the merrier! I love that locker room bulletin board stuff and this seems to be a team that will lose if it gets complacent. I feel pretty good about our chances despite the fact the the East appears to be the toughest region - hell, one of the reasons it's tough is that WE'RE in it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the Horns do make it into a fight with the Heels, I think we'll see an interesting game... with Reyshawn shadowing Durant. Hey, he's a legit 6'8", with strength and speed, and he's probably the best frontcourt defender we've got. If Barnes sends him into the post, where Brandan would be more likely to have to guard him, Durant would be able to do more damage, but I don't think Barnes is smart enough to do that. Also, I haven't yet seen Texas defeat a Kansas team whose coach isn't as smart as Roy...

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got a bet on the Davidson-Maryland game with the Maryland alumna whose cube is catty-corner from mine.

Davidson wins: I get a pound of Stamey's barbecue.

Maryland wins: I don't have to buy her real Chesapeake Bay blue crabs, just some canned crab meat.

Either way, I win, don't you think?

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Favorite NCAA-related comment I've heard this week:

Q: "How do you stop Kevin Durant?"

A: "Let Rick Barnes coach him."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home