Friday, June 01, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend - Part Three


Saturday we did the touristy thing and took the trolley tour - I mostly shot film during the tour so I don't have those back yet. But one of the main reasons for doing the trolley thing was to get us up to the National Cathedral, where we spent about 3 or 4 hours looking around and taking many, many pictures. J had been there before and has been anxious to get me up there ever since, for good reason. It is an amazing combination of European cathedral styles coupled with some bits that are uniquely American.

I did not use flash with the film camera so I'm not sure that I'll get much - what you don't see here are the unbelievable stained glass windows, including the "Space" window containing a piece of moonrock (didn't I say it was uniquely American?) and many, many others. Despite J's descriptions I really didn't know what to expect and I have to admit that I was blown away.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home