Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Strained but not broken

Went to the doctor yesterday and he's pretty sure that nothing is broken for which I am quite grateful. I say "pretty sure" as he didn't see any reason to x-ray unless I really insisted, since the treatment for a cracked rib and for a badly pulled muscle is pretty much the same these days. Rest, painkillers and ice - the only difference is that ribs take about 4 weeks and muscles shouldn't take more than a couple. Still hurts when I try to take a deep breath and trying to sneeze is both painful and comical, but I do think it's starting to improve.

Note to mapgirl: hope your ankle gets better fast!

1 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger mapgirl said...

Thanks! I am definitely on the mend. I have the ankle elevated and on ice as I type this.

For your own recovery, try not to sneeze or laugh!

m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home