Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year's Resolution - Bowl Game Style

1. Establish the running game - I really let work, illness and other things get in the way of running the last few months to the point where I feel like I'm almost starting over. The goal is to be back up to 15 miles per week by the end of March and 20 miles per week by the 4th of July.

2. Prepare for away games - we haven't done much traveling the last few years, but with Damien gone, it becomes a lot easier to do so. I've gotten out of the habit of taking long weekends (as opposed to waiting until I can take a full week off) - time to get back into 3- and 4-day weekends and get back on the road to visit family, friends and new places.

3. Remember the things that got you here - in particular, my parents. As part of the previous item, I plan on getting up to see the folks a lot more often this year. I have been sorely remiss.

4. A good half-time show is a must - I need to reconnect with the music that's happening now, not just stuff recorded 20 years ago. My hatred of the RIAA knows no bounds, but despite that I intend to buy at least one CD recorded AFTER 2003 every month this year. We'll see how that goes. I have no specific goals in terms of live music - just to get out more often and not just to the Cradle. Guess that means buying a membership to the Cave (how weird is it that it's private now?).

5. Don't forget that it's a game - I've let work, politics, life all get to me in the last year. Hell, if it ain't fun, it ain't worth doing. I promise to remember that a little more often this year!

2 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Away games. YES.

(Clearing laundry off the guest bed for you...)

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Raven said...

Well written! I like the football aspect, and the goals all sound noble which is a plus.

If you are looking for new music here in Chicago we have a good local band called One Light Out they have some good punk style music if thats what you are into. :) If not then another Chicago band is Supermint

 

Post a Comment

<< Home