Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Thank You For Sending Me An Angel (Remastered)

Manomanoman! Just saw today that Rhino has released the first four Talking Heads albums as individual "DualDiscs" with the digitally remastered CD on one side of the disc and a DVD version on the other containing 5.1 Surround remixes (supervised by Jerry Harrison I believe) and some bonus goodies. Pretty much the entire catalog came out last fall in this format but was only available as a very expensive box set. Currently Talking Heads: 77, More Songs About Buildings and Food, Fear of Music and Remain in Light are out as individual (and reasonably priced) DualDiscs with the final four studio discs to follow next month.

Now after reading the reviews in Amazon, my enthusiasm is tempered somewhat as it appears that a number of people have had trouble getting one side or the other to play properly and I don't have the newest DVD player by any means. But it's worth trying one first and then picking up the others if I don't have any trouble. I'm embarassed to say that I do not own a copy (in any format) of 77, excused only in that I have some of the cuts on other TH comps and live albums like The Name of This Band is Talking Heads or Sand in the Vaseline - but really there's no good excuse. So I'll probably pick that one up first and make sure I can play it.

Hurray for Christmas money!! :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home