Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Rebuilding Year My Ass


I'm a little late in posting this - went up to Yancey County Saturday to watch the game with Dad and Mom, before taking a little vacation at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville. Dad and I have had the bad fortune to see way too many of the infrequent Carolina losses together over the years so it was nice to be able to catch one of the biggest non-championship games in the program's history. And we didn't just win, we won big. Decisively. Emphatically. Damn that feels good!

I did mention something a few weeks ago about Tyler Hansbrough potentially being the best UNC center ever (and no, I haven't forgotten Sean May in the championship game last year) - after the voting by the ACC reporters this week, I may not be alone in thinking so. Hansbrough was the unanimous pick as Rookie of the Year, was the first freshman picked unanimously to the ACC all-conference 1st team and was the only player not named Redick to get votes as player of the year (keeping JJ from being a unanimous pick as POY may have been my favorite play by Hansbrough this season).

Speaking of excellent UNC centers, I saw big Brad Daugherty at the spa cafe at Grove Park today before we left for home. Brad was always one of my favorite players and was certainly one of the best centers in the NBA before back problems cut his career short. He's not half bad as a basketball color guy either.

1 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Blogger Tony Plutonium said...

You didn't until now, you dog! And I did get your voice mail - go Wildcats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home