Tuesday, October 03, 2006

RIP, Uncle Marion

A couple of years ago I posted a note about my trip to South Pittsburg, TN with Mom and our visit with my Aunt Bertha and Uncle Marion. A few weeks ago, they celebrated their 72nd wedding anniversary - most of us just hope to have 72 years on this earth period and they've been blessed with that many years together. Got a note from Mom today that Uncle Marion passed away yesterday at the age (I think) of 93. He had had a little trouble getting around the last year or so, but make no mistake, this was not a man that has been bedridden for a long time or anything of the sort. When I was there two years ago, he was still getting out on the farm a little bit and was in health that lots of men 20 years younger would envy. Aunt Bertha is even more amazing - at 89 she could pass for 65 and I understand she's hardly slowed down at all in the two years since I've seen her. I'm sure she's still driving to church every Sunday - just an amazing woman.

I'm sure that if my uncle had any regrets, it was leaving my aunt behind. I can only hope that having her family with her will see her through. And that the rest of us are blessed with having such a long time together with our sweeties!

3 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger Cindy Lee said...

I’m sorry about your Uncle; it sounds like he had a good life and that’s all anyone can hope for. My best wishes for your Aunt.

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, sweetie--but what a good life!

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice tribute! Thank you!
About how many (few) lives can you say: There were no reasons for regrets! It was a life well lived.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home