Sunday, November 12, 2006

Love Will Tear Us Apart... Again

Found out a couple of days ago that there's a biopic of Ian Curtis in the works, based on the book by widow Deborah (and with her active cooperation). While 24-Hour Party People touched on Curtis' suicide (in a weirdly light way), this can't help but be darker. I came to the Joy Division party a little late, a couple of years after Curtis' death but JD and New Order have both been big faves ever since. To give you a taste, here's the video for Love Will Tear Us Apart...

3 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always liked this song, but all I knew about Joy Division and New Order other than Curtis' suicide was that both names were derived from Nazi culture. "Joy Division" was the SS' prostitutes, and I forget what New Order was but it had something to do with the Third Reich.

I'm presuming this is either coincidental or ironic, but I don't know. TP?

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Tony Plutonium said...

Ironic. JennySlash gave me a wall-sized poster for "Love Will Tear Us Apart" for my birthday a few years ago - I'm married to a cool chick!

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was my first exposure to Missy Elliot and my first time knowing who Joy Division was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVGZRmK7E1Q

A friend had sent it to me in the pre-YouTube days. I guess eventually everything will be on YouTube in some form or another.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home