Friday, February 16, 2007

Reunited...

...and it feels so good, mostly.

The Hege V and dBs reunion shows were both great and not-to-be-missed. And frankly I'm excited about the reunions of the Police, Van Halen (the REAL Van Halen), Crowded House, the 1st US tour for the Hoodoo Gurus in 13 years - all great stuff and even though I doubt I'll see any of them (I've never been much of a festival goer so Bonaroo is right out), there's some new music also coming from some of these guys. More power to them - I know some people see them as geezers but none of 'em are as old as the Stones and I just figure it's taken 20 years for some of them to feel comfortable talking to each other again.

But for God's sake, can we please take up a collection and pay the fricking Eagles NOT to reunite!? Bleccchh! At least maybe we can pay them to never play "Witchie Woman" again...

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the pieces I've written that I like the most even years after the fact was one I did for the N&R (not even close to online, unfortunately) about the LAST Eagles reunion tour or, more likely, the one before that.

Some targets of mockery just never age.

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the Police in Greensboro on the Ghost in the Machine Tour (opening act: the Go-Gos) and wasn't much impressed. Here's hoping the years have been kind...

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Tony Plutonium said...

Lex -
I'm trying not to remember us sitting at Troll's singing "Hard-on Tonight" at the top of our lungs - but I'm failing.

PC -
I was at that show. I thought the Go-Go's put on a great show (that was back when Belinda Carlisle was cute and chunky and before she started channeling Ann-Margrock). The Police were okay, but for Greensboro Coliseum shows the Billy Joel 52nd Street tour show kicked ass.

 
At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My best G-boro show remains Springsteen on the Born in the USA Tour.

I really don't like that album, and it was STILL a great show.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger jw said...

As much as I love the idea of the "REAL" Van Halen, I have to say that at my age I've discovered my tolerance for David Lee Roth has waned.

 
At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

True, JW. But since I'm going to be ignoring ANY incarnation of Van Halen at this point, I'd just as soon ignore the ORIGINAL incarnation. What's the point of ignoring Sammy Hagar? It'd be like ignoring Michael Dukakis.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home