Sunday, April 15, 2007

Lex for Preznit

I'm here to announce a press conference for 11:30am Tuesday April 17 where Lex will announce that he is going to schedule a press conference to announce whether he will be forming an exploratory committee to investigate the viability of a possible run for the White House in 2008. Or not.

Just kidding of course but Lex does seem to be the only Republican I know of that hasn't at least publicly flirted with the idea of running for President (naturally, he's the only one that I would consider voting for). I know it's early still (although it doesn't feel like it) but it seems there's a lot of winnowing out to do on the Republican side. In addition to the 847 declared candidates there are at least another few dozen that are being coy and waiting to see whether anyone emerges early on that might stand a snowball's chance in hell of getting elected. I certainly can't see any of the three apparent front-runners actually winning a general election - frankly, I'm having trouble seeing any of them going into a Republican convention with any kind of clear lead.

Like it or not a Mormon is not going to get nominated as the Repuglican candidate. McCain is so ridiculously damaged (almost entirely self-inflicted) I'm surprised he's not in traction. Guiliani comes with incredible baggage and as far as I can tell his only positive is that he happened to be mayor of New York on 9/11 and managed to stop what he was doing and pay attention, rather than read "My Pet Goat" to a bunch of schoolkids. Not exactly the stuff that Presidents should be made of.

So run, Lex, run - you've got as much of a shot as any of these goobers do!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If nominated I will not run, yadda yadda yadda. So y'all go back to what you were doing.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger tmay245 said...

I wanna put my mormon up againt yer mormon. McCain vs. Harry Reid, UFC Geezer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home