Thursday, July 12, 2007

Still Running

Haven't blogged much about running lately 'cuz I haven't been running much lately. After the 5 months traveling to Chicago last year followed by a resumption of commuting in to work for the first time in a long time, my running fell way off, from averaging 16-23 miles per week down to more like 9-10 per week. I also went from 4.5 miles or so per run to having trouble doing more than 3 slow miles per. I finally realized while we were at the neighborhood progressive dinner a few weeks ago that I spent the whole evening whining about not being able to run in the morning now - that had to stop. So I rejiggered my schedule a little bit and I'm back to running a couple of mornings a week to go with a couple of evenings running at the Wellness Center and I've finally broken back through the 3 miles per run wall. I should be close to 15 miles this week after tomorow night.

Read a little piece in the Trib earlier this week where they asked runners at the local half-marathon what their start-up song and their "power" song are - it was disappointed to see how many times Kelly Clarkson showed up but at least somebody had the Stones' Start Me Up as their starter. I usually have my running mix on random play, which didn't work very well this morning as Tears for Fears' Goodnight Song came up as my starter and REM's cover of Draggin' the Line popped up as I started to flag - not exactly inspirational material. If I'd been asked the same question and looked at my current running mix, I'd go with Joan Jett's cover of Roadrunner as my starter and Pearl Jam's World Wide Suicide as the one to kick me in the butt when the legs start to go.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home