Monday, July 14, 2008

Meh

Don't know what it means when you go to a sleep clinic and don't sleep. That's not entirely accurate - instead of falling asleep within 5 minutes of head -> pillow contact, I lay there in the dark for well over an hour (it felt like at least 5 hours, so I'm assuming it was an hour or so) before I eventually did fall asleep. Only to dream of being in a sleep clinic, but this one was in a rustic farmhouse in the middle of nowhere. Oh, and of mistakenly driving down the wrong side of a divided highway.

The tech that conducted the study woke me up around 5:40 and removed the contacts (including a solvent to get the goop out of my hair, so I apparently had a better tech than K). I honestly have no idea if they got enough data or not and probably won't for another couple of weeks - I assume I'll do at least one more sleepover, either to gather more data or to see how I do on a CPAP.

Honestly it was not an unpleasant experience and I have no idea why I had so much trouble falling asleep, unless it was lack of beer (it's certainly possible that I've become somewhat dependent on having a couple of pale ales to get to sleep) or the fact that I was sacking out an hour and a half earlier than usual.

Getting to work an hour early didn't start my day off right either, but I did use the time to catch up a little bit.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger Lex Alexander said...

I remember that after the first night at the sleep clinic, they told me I woke up 275 times between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. Two. Hundred. Seventy. Five. Times. Do the math. No wonder I hadn't remembered any dreams in years -- I was never getting even close to REM sleep.

And when I went back a few weeks later to try a CPAP, then asked the tech the next morning if I'd done any better, she just said, "OH, yeah...."

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Tony Plutonium said...

I've gone through periods where I didn't remember even dreaming, much less what it was I dreamed. The last few years I've remembered much better, but I think that's because I wake up so many times while I'm dreaming. I really got no info from the tech, so I'm sorta waiting with bated breath on the results.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home