Monday, January 09, 2006

Molding (or Boring) Young Minds

I got an invitation through my membership in the UNC GAA to attend a student/alumni "networking" reception in a couple of weeks, the purpose being to provide an "opportunity for current Carolina students to meet with and learn from Carolina alumni who are already in the 'real world'". I said sure cause I thought it might be a hoot but... yikes! Now that I think about it, what the hell do I say to anyone looking for a career in the wonderful world of IT? Don't do it? Do it but make sure you stay in roles that can't be easily offshored (like hardware support)? More generally, do any of you guys have any experience you can share on doing these types of events? Sounds like it'll be pretty informal. Any feedback would be appreciated!

1 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just be yourself, my man. I've never done this sort of thing, but wouldn't sweat it.
Let THEM sweat it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home