Thursday, January 05, 2006

U of Texas at Mack Brown

So congrats to UT, "Hook 'Em!" and all that stuff. Well done, well done. But it dawned on me that as obnoxious as Longhorn fans have been the last 35 years without a championship, I don't even want to think about what they're going to be like now.

And I'm all for having a little chutzpah, but can anyone tell me why the URL for the "official site of the University of Texas Longhorns" is http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com? That takes some Bevo-sized balls, kids.

2 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya...

I can answer the Mack Brown question. That site is a "gameday special" offshoot of http://www.texassports.com/, which is the official site of Texas Athletics. (I am the graphic designer/webmaster for the App State athletic department, and we did a similar site when we won the I-AA National Championship back in Dec.)
I guess they just though that since they could make the address anything they wanted, they'd honor Mack.

In a related football story, Mack Brown used to be the head coach at Appalachian, and both teams won their respective National Championships this year. Neat.

Thanks for the BBC "Neverwhere" suggestion, btw. I'm going to see if I can find that.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Tony Plutonium said...

Ah, that does make sense. JennySlash had a suggestion that may also be valid as well - that someone unaffiliated with the U is camping on "texasfootball.com".

Hey, and Mack Brown used to coach at UNC and WE won the national championship this year, too!! Oh, waitaminit - wrong sport... :-D

I had no idea until after I'd seen "Neverwhere" that the BBC production actually predates the novel. Weird. There's also a comic book version that's out now - last ish coming out soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home