Monday, July 11, 2005

More good Cat's Cradle shows!

I just printed out two tickets for the Knitters show August 16!!!!! Can you believe the Knitters are coming to Chapel Hill?

What do you mean you've never heard of the Knitters!?!? 1985? X offshoot? Poor Little Critter in the Road? Exene Cervenka? John Doe? Dave Alvin?

Okay so either you know about the Knitters and are as excited as I am or you don't have any idea what I'm talking about, which I suppose is cool too. If you fall into the latter category, the Knitters were an alter-ego for X, with Dave Alvin replacing X's Billy Zoom on guitar (which he later did with X too). Country, twangy covers, including some countrified covers of X and Blasters material - it was awesome! They only did one single solitary album call Poor Little Critter in the Road. At least until now. I found out just a few days ago that after 20 years, there's a new Knitters disk coming out (tomorrow, to be exact) and then yesterday saw the update to the Cradle calendar. I'm pumped. JennySlash is pumped. You should be too.

I had the opportunity to see X at the Pier in Raleigh in the early 80's (with Lex, as a matter of fact) and it remains one of the top 5 club shows I've ever seen. This is going to freaking kill!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home