Monday, October 16, 2006

Photo Website is Updated

In getting ready for the OCAG tour in November, I've finally updated my photography website. Yes, the stuff marked "new" really IS new for a change! I've got other stuff that I'm trying to get ready to print and frame, but I at least wanted to get a few of the pictures from Chicago up. I'm a long, long, LONG way away from being ready, but I did have the foresight to take the week before the first weekend off to prepare. Tomorrow I have to drop off something for each of us at the Arts Center - they'll be up there from October 29th through the tour. I'm hanging "Currituck Light (Interior)" this year, despite the fact that it's not dissimilar (in feel, not in technique) to the kind of thing that John Rosenthal and Alan Dehmer will probably have up. I had "Time for Pants!" up last year and got lots of positive comments when people came by the house, but you just never know. The Currituck Light interior shot is one of those that I can honestly say that I did everything to get it (framing, settings, time of day, etc.) and I actually got it - unlike my more usual happy accidents - so I kinda like having it out there.

We're doing the Carolina Club members artshow again this year - there are only a few of us that tend to show there every year, but hey, we've both sold things there so why not? I don't think it hurts that it's up at the same time as the tour, so that's yet another place for us to advertise if nothing else. And there's some pretty remarkable artwork in that show from people that I otherwise would never have heard of - that's the most fun part!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home