Sunday, January 14, 2007

Colts win, 15-6

Guess that off-season trade for placekicker Adam Vinitieri is looking pretty damn good right now after five field goals against the Ravens.

I haven't watched enough football over the last decade to have any real favorites beyond the Panthers (of course there are always teams that I will hate now and forever more, like the Cowboys and the Dolphins). But I've always like Peyton Manning - hell, I liked his dad too - so I'd love to see the Colts actually win this thing.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm torn -- the Saints, in addition to being divisional rivals of the Panthers, could really use a jolt for their community right now -- but I think I come down on the side that says that if Manning, Harrison et al. don't win it this year, they might not get another chance.

For all Manning's (and Harrison's) undeniable greatness, there's still a line drawn in football between QBs who won Super Bowls (even just one, like Favre) and those who, irrespective of stats, have not. It probably isn't fair -- I'm sure Dan Marino and Jim Kelly think it isn't -- but there it is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home