Monday, July 11, 2005

The New GnR

The new Greensboro News and Record on-line presence that Lex has been laboring over for so long is finally up! First impression - looks good, reasonably easy to navigate, felt a little slow this afternoon but much more responsive tonight. Unfortunately some of the interactive features haven't been turned on quite yet, but it sounds like that's coming soon. I say "unfortunately" but I gotta say that the online responses to the "Letters to the Editor" do make me sometimes long for the old days when I knew that the letters were eliciting idiotic backlash in the privacy of people's homes but for the most part they didn't display their dumbassity for all to see. On the other hand, the more they rant, maybe the more they will be shown as the asshats that they are.

I'd give it a B+ for now and I'll be happy to revise that once some of the features like user comments to stories are turned on. And a big ole A for effort!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home