Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Birthday Shout-out to me Mum

Today's Mom's 65th, but don't talk to her about retiring (although she is in Southern Pines today, ostensibly for work, but you never know). What little responsbility I ever learned came from her example, but more importantly the lesson that you can be responsible and still have fun and be fun to be around! It was not lost on me at the time (and I've never forgotten) that she was always there when I was growing up, to read to us every day, to climb trees with us, to play games, to be a PTA officer and a field trip chaperone and a room mother. She was the one that had to provide the discipline but she was never anything other than fair (although I can't claim that I always realized that at the time!) and I think my stinky sister and I turned out to be pretty good kids and passing fair adults because of her guidance and her example.

Happy Birthday, Mom, and wishes for many, many more to come!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll vouch for what Tony says about his mom.

Happy birthday, Mama Plutonium!

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like your mother and I share the same birthday. (17th).
Happy Birthday Mama Plutonium!

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Tony Plutonium said...

Hey, David - happy belated birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home