Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Color Me Excited!

Just a few months ago I discovered Jim Butcher's Harry Dresden series of Chicago-set horror/noir novels - really good reads, comparable to Glen Cook's Garrett Files stories, except set in the here-and-now. I quickly devoured the first two and have the third one queued up behind Julian May's Ironcrown Moon. Then I found out a couple of weeks ago that starting this Sunday, the SciFi Channel is running their new Dresden Files series - woohoo! While they're being filmed in Toronto (which is where everything that isn't filmed in Vancouver or New Zealand is filmed), I'm hoping they'll do some exterior shots in Chicago to set the scene. Given SciFi's good recent track record with original series, I have high hopes for this one (although the casting for the Connie Murphy character is all wrong).

Oh, if you like audiobooks, James "Angel" Marsters reads all of the Dresden Files novels...

Update: Okay, that's what I get for trying to quickly finish this post at the coffee shop before shutting down to pick JennySlash up at the gym. Yes, James Marsters played Spike, not Angel. Amy Acker played Angel, right Spuffy?


Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

James "Angel" Marsters?!?

HERESY!!!!!

He's SPIKE!!!!!!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Tony Plutonium said...

Yes, I'm an idiot - see update in the post.

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy Acker?!? I--ooh--you--now you're just doing it on PURPOSE!!!

Hee.

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for the series. I loved the books and from the commercials the the show looks to be great

 

Post a Comment

<< Home